It is classified as a National Monument in 1921.
Romanesque root (perhaps of the thirteenth century, it was elevated to parish), the facade is Gothic, and suffered remodeling over time. Under the cornice front side is a curious frieze of modillions with brutescos.
The interior of the church, the nave, the floor is paved with sepulchral caps lined coffered ceiling and adorned by scrolls and angels. About the entrance stands the choir loft, built in 1857, based on stone columns, which incorporate the holy water fonts. Near the entrance, is the baptismal font, of granite, decorated with buds, dating from the centuries XV / XVI.
The epistle side, opens the chapel of Melos, the octagonal wooden ceiling, decorated with impressive Mannerist altarpiece, gilded and polychrome, with boards painted with tempera, resting on granite altar.
The chancel arch decorated with small columns of capitals, it is entirely coated gilded national style, playing the theme of stylized foliage and puttis holding grapes.
The chancel, with a ceiling lined with wooden panel, painted with motifs crowned with episcopal coat of arms, has gilded altarpiece of national style.
On the wall behind the altarpiece were discovered recently put the two panels of frescoes, dating from the sixteenth century.
It is invaluable image (ivory) of N ª Mr. da Conceição (seventeenth century) saved each year in the house of a butler in strict confidentiality, only appearing in public on the day of solemn procession.
Every day: 09:00 to 18:00