The earliest known reference to Quinta do Crasto dates back to 1615. The quinta subsequently became part of the first factory along with many of the most important quintas in Douro. In fact, our quinta can be seen in a 1758 painting from the Pombalino (from the title of nobility Marquess of Pombal) period.
Early in the twentieth century, Constantino de Almeida, founder of the Constantino winery, acquired Quinta do Crasto. In 1923, after the death of Constantino de Almeida, his son Fernando de Almeida, was the next in line to manage the production of high quality Port Wine in their quinta.
Located on the right bank of the Douro River, between the municipalities of Régua and Pinhão, Quinta do Crasto, is a property of about 130 hectares (321 acres), of which 70 hectares(173 acres) are occupied by vineyards.
Visits by appointment evidence and meals